Monday, July 11, 2011

8. Take Me Away, Why Don't You...

My P.O.V

Seriously, I can hear the clock ticking. I look around and all I see are people sitting down, dozing off. This is just plain boring and I'm wasting my time. I look at the front, even the person who handles the 'detention' class is dozing off.
"At least make me erase boards or something!" I said, but looking at their reaction, I don't think anyone even heard what I said.
"This is shit boring....." I said to myself.
Suddenly, through the glass I saw Jason standing outside the door, looking for someone inside the room. The moment he spotted me inside the class, he starts to motion his hand to me to get myself out of the room.
I silently grabbed my things and slowly stood up from my chair.
Without no one stopping me, I got out of the classroom.

Jason's P.O.V.

Even though I was just standing outside the room, I was a bit nervous cause one mistake, people will know she's making a run for it.
Jobie slowly opens the door from the inside and I stepped back.
"Whew! That was a close one!" She said, patting her chest. "How did you know I was here?"
Gosh, can she not look at me like that?? She has no idea she makes me want to hug her with her looking like that.
"Uhm, Jess told me," I just silently said.
"Ohh.." She just replied.
It was a bit awkward now.
"Uhm..." I was thinking of something to say, but then she cut me.
"Thanks... uhm.. for coming to see me," she said, giving off a shy smile.
"No problem, anything for you," I shyly replied. The moment she heard 'anything for you', she gave me that look, like she heard something fishy from me.

I know I'm out of my mind, but I just want her to know.
I quickly grabbed her waist and hugged her. She was completely dumb-founded that her hands and body were stiff.
"No matter what happens, always remember that you're unique and extraordinary..." I said.
After I let her go, she stared at me, like she was possessed or something.
"You can speak if you want to," I told her, looking her straight in the eyes.
After a moment of silence and stiffness, she dropped her bag on the floor and wraps her arms around me.
Without saying anything, I completely understood what that meant.
The moment she let me go, we smiled at each other. I bent down to pick up her bag and walked in the hallway. As we walked, I slowly grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers together. She looked at me, smiling, blushing.
This is one of the moments I would love to freeze in time.

But suddenly, we both heard someone bang the door open. Jobie's eyes grew very big, so did mine. We looked back and we both saw the detention dude looking at us and pointing at Jobie.
I held her hand tight and we both ran like the wind. It was EPIC.


Jesse's P.O.V

"Who was that?" I said, pointing behind me.
"Who?" Mir asked me back. I looked at the door and no one's there.
"The person who banged the door.." I awkwardly asked him.
"Oh, that was nothing. Don't mind it," He told me.
I was just standing there, couldn't believe that Mir is actually here inside the room with me.
He was actually my first childhood crush, but then he had to move away to America to continue his studies.
"How are you, Jess? It's been a while," He said, still flashing that smile of his that I completely remember from the past.
"I've been good, you?" I asked him back.
"Same here," He said.
Another awkward silence in between. He slowly walked towards where I'm standing.
"I missed you, Jess," He told me. I seriously didn't know how to respond.
"I.... missed you too," I just replied, not thinking if that's what I really meant.
"After all these years, I've been thinking a lot about you," He said.
It's like every phrase he says, he takes one step towards me.
"What does that mean?" I asked him back.
"Before when we were kids, I didn't know things such as childhood crush, first loves, puppy loves, and stuff like that," He explained in a cheesy way.
"Uh-huh," I just muttered under my breath..
"But when I was abroad, I became more matured and started understanding things like this."
What does this person want? Why is suddenly coming here and saying all these things to me now?
"Jess, I...." He took his last step and stopped right in front of me.
"I like you," He continued.
Seriously, that was the most awkward thing I've ever heard in my life.
What the hell's wrong with me?? Here he is, confessing his love for me, but why don't I feel anything? Am I not attracted to him anymore? Confused much!
"Hehe, Uhm.. *clears throat*.. Uhm, Wow," I just blurted out.
He looked at me, as if he's waiting for me to say something like that back at him.
"Thanks!" I just said. I just cannot say it back.
He looked disappointed, not hearing say what he wants to hear.
"Jess, I came all the way to Seoul to confess my feelings for you, I even asked for T's help...." I suddenly had to cut him short.
"W-w-wait... T?" I asked him, looking a bit shocked.
"Yeah, my friend from the States who lives here in Korean too, he moved back here to Seoul way earlier than I did," He explained to me.

Shit! So this was it! T must be Taec! So he's the one in charge of this awkward meeting.
False hope...... And I thought at 5pm, I would be.... *sigh* nevermind..

I just lost my reason to be smile and excited. I just stood there, blur-faced, and staring at the floor.
"I can see you're not happy," he told me.
I just had to stop and think for a while. After a few seconds, I just had to get my senses back.
"I...." my mouth opened..
"Yes?" He said.
"I, uhm.. I... need to go...." I said, pointing my thumb behind me as I started to turn around and walk away.
"Jess, wait," I heard him call after me. But I didn't care at all....

I headed outside the music hall. And there he is, squatting with his face buried in his palms.....


Taec's P.O.V

Checks time. 5pm. Just in time.
I wonder if she's here already...

I slowly opened the door to see if the plan is going well. I see Jesse walking towards the piano, and Mir's playing..
I tried to evesdrop but then, my hand slipped from the doorknob and the door slammed shut.
I slapped my forehead, "Shit!"

But wait, why is it that this doesn't feel right for some reason?...
Why do I suddenly feel like I want to barge into the music hall and take her hand and run away?
Why do I feel like this?
Why do I feel my heart beating faster than average when I'm around her?
Why? Why?? WHY???
I squatted on my knees and buried my face on my palms.

I tried to erase my thoughts, but it's hard.. Freakin' hard...
It's quiet.
Did they just stop talking?
Did they kiss and make up?
Did they......

Suddenly, the door opened and I saw Jesse standing there. She saw me outside the door.
I quickly stood up and faced her, "Jess," I said.
She looked at me with a new facial expression that I've never seen her do before..
She looked sad, but puzzled, and disappointed at the same time.

She turned around and walked away in a fast pace.. I wanted to go after her so badly, but I just didn't........

No comments:

Post a Comment