Monday, August 8, 2011

9. Furious with Shattered Hearts

Jesse's P.O.V

Damn it, Taec! You just don't get it do you?
Even thought I'm like this, walking away with my pride, I was kinda hoping you'd come after me!

But you didn't.

I kept walking down the hallway, can't stop the tears from falling. And I feel like I can hear my heartbeat in my ears, and feel that huge lump in my throat when I try to stop my tears.
I felt like my heart was shattered into a million pieces.
I kept walking, trying to keep my balance even though I feel like the ground was breaking on me.
Suddenly, I saw two people running across the hall, holding hands..
They looked like they're being chased by something, looking back from time to time while running.
Wait.

"Jobie??" I yelled after.
I was sure that was her. I could recognize her copper brown hair, her thick calves (like Chansung's, a guy in section C, but feminine size), not to mention her height and her white Chucks.
So I guess Jason 'pulled her out' of detention. What a smart, sweet guy.
She didn't look back so I decided to run after them both.

I ran like crazy till...
BLAG!
I fell to the floor for bumping into the detention guy.
"So!!! how many times shall I fall on my butt this school term? Cripes!" I wasn't aware that I said it out loud.
"Excuse me?! What's with the tone young lady??" He asked me in a louder voice.
We both got up and dusted ourselves but I was embarrassed so I kept my head looking down to the floor.
"Sorry," I said, but in a very small tone of voice he can barely hear.
"Never mind." He said. "Did you see two students who happened to run past here?" he asked.
I knew he was looking for Jobie and Jason, so as Jobie's best chinggu, I shall protect her.
I shook my head no.
It seemed like the detention guy treated me as a rest stop as he continued running after them without answering back after I replied to his question.

I was left standing there until suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder. I didn't turn around.
PRIDE, Jesse, PRIDE.
Suddenly, his tap became a firm (but at the same time soft) grip on my shoulder and turned me around to face him.
There he is, standing right in front of me with his hand still on my shoulder.
"Jess, we need to talk," he said calmly.
I didn't give him a bitch stare, I just couldn't.
So dusted off his hand off my shoulder and he didn't fight it.
"I'm not in the mood to talk right now," I replied, calmly, too.
He slightly bent his head to level with my face, like taking a peek. I guess he saw the trails of dried tears from my eyes down my cheeks.
"Are you crying?" He asked, looking at me with those sad puppy eyes.
I looked away, trying to not let him see, when in fact, all I was trying was is to avoid his eyes.
"You're a nice guy, Taec, but I'm just not up to talking right now. I wanna be alone," I said.
As I turned around and started to slowly walk away, he called after me.
"Jess, I can explain what happened," He tried to sound convincing.
I inhaled deeply, turned around again to face him.
I had the courage to confront him, "Look, in other people's eyes I am just a typical nerd, the one who always studies, the one who's always alone. Knowing you even for just a little while made me feel that I'm more than just that typical nerd girl. But I guess false hopes can just bring you down in an instant. Tell me, did you see me as more than that? Right now, I don't know how you think of me. 'Cause if you ask me, it just feels like you're not different from the others."

There, I said it.
And there's no taking back.
I swear it ached more the moment I saw his expression when I said that mini speech.
But I'm a girl. My heart and pride was hurt.
I turned around and by the time I did, we both saw students running down the hall.
Something's up and I need to find out what it is.

Students were running, then along came some teachers...
then the school guard....
then the school nurse.......
okay, something's not good.

I suddenly see the ahjussi janitor in the library, walking along with the crowd. But since he walks slower compared to the others, I managed to catch up to him. I tapped his shoulder to get his attention.
"Ahjussi, what happened? What's the fuss all about?" I asked, curious.
"Ahh, actually, everyone's just curious, but I heard that a girl fainted somewhere near the office," he replied.
"Are you serious?!?!" I asked him, starting to panick as it came to my mind that it might be Jobie since she ran in the direction towards the office.
"Thanks, Ahjussi, I'll talk to you later!" I started to run my way to see.
"Jess, wait up! I'll go with you!" Taec said as he ran behind me.

My P.O.V

I'm seriously starting to run out of breath. I wonder if Jason is feeling the same way.
While running, suddenly, Jason pulled my hand and we both hid in a corner with a shade.
We both panted nonstop, catching out breaths. I can barely open my eyes and I can feel the heat coming out from my body. Wooyoung squinted his eyes shut tightly, gasping for air.
"Are you alright?" I asked him. He nodded and looked at me.
"You look pale," He said, I can see panic written all over his face even though it was dark.
He cupped my face with both of his hands.
My eyes were like that of a drunk, half open, looking directly at Jason who's looking extremely furious.

"I must get you to the nurse, I'm so sorry for letting you run like that," He said, with his hands still cupping my face.
The moment I kinda caught up with my breath, I held his hands and told him in a soft tone of voice, "I'm fine, don't worry to much," I said, letting out a small laugh.
He suddenly grabbed me and held me tight in his arms. It felt like heaven.
"Please, don't fall sick," He said, holding and hugging me very tightly.
If only I can pause that moment. It felt like forever.

The moment we separated from the hug, he held my hand again, "come on, we're near the office," he said.
But I walked in the opposite direction, going back to where we came from.
As I was walking my way and exposing myself under the sun, like a drunk, I saw the detention guy jogging, finding his way. He started to run towards me the moment he saw me standing there.
"Jobie! Wrong way! Get back here!" I heard Jason telling me. But I didn't move.
"Jobie! Come on! He's near!" He kept telling me.

"You there! Stop right there!" The detention guy pointed at me like I'm some sort of a criminal.
and in 5...4...3...2...1.......


"Oh my God!! Jobie!!!!!!!!!!!!"











No comments:

Post a Comment