Thursday, January 20, 2011

2. Awkward

Oh, you've got to be kidding me..

"I'm sorry," he said. I was frozen the moment I saw his face. He was standing there alone, facing me, with an apologetic smile on his face.
I can bet that Andrew and Jesse are frozen like me, too. While staring at him for a few seconds, I can feel Andrew poke my arm, "give him his ball back, Jobes," He said while still looking at the guy.
I went back to reality the moment Andrew called my attention. I looked at the ball, and then at him. "Oh, here," I said, handing him the ball back.
"Thanks, and sorry again for bothering you guys," he said. He flashed his smile and walks away. The three of us are watching him walk away.

"Tell me, how cool is that getting hit by Jason's baseball? You're lucky, woman," Jess told me.
"What's lucky in getting hit by a baseball?" I replied.
"Are you crazy? That was Jason! The most popular guy in school. He's cute and he's a great dancer!" Jesse told me. "Yeah!" Andrew added, "face it, you were struck."
"No, I'm not," I said, tucking my hair behind my ear.
"Yes, you are. I saw you freeze the moment you see him," Andrew said.
"How are you sure?" I said, trying to lure away because what he said was true.
"Well, first, you're the type of person who would get back at that certain person if he's not Jason. Second, you froze the moment you saw him. And third, you tucked your hair behind your ear," Andrew explained. I listened to every single reason he said, and much to my dismay, everything he said was right.
"We know you too well, Jobes, you can't hide it from us," Jesse added.
"Fine, alright. I admit it," I just told them that to shut them both up, or else, they'll be teasing me for the whole day.

After all the fuss happening, the bell rang. Jess and I started to pack up our books and place them in our bags.
"I swear, the next time we do this, I'm gonna bring a wagon and drag all these heavy thick books behind me. Carrying them would be like punishing ourselves physically," I whined, again. Jess just let out a small laugh with my whining.
"When will you ever stop whining, Jobes?" Jesse said with a smile in her face.
Andrew interrupted us by saying goodbye, "Hey you guys, I need to go. I'll see you two ladies around," He said.
"Bye," We both said. I raised my hand and waved goodbye.

It's a huge campus, and seeing the nearest building from where we stand felt like it's miles away from us. Yes, I'm somewhat a lazy person.
I saw Jesse's walk starting to get faster. She had no problems in walking fast because she has long legs and she's tall. Unlike me, short legs, SHORT.
After walking a distance away from me, Jess turned around and faced me, walking backwards.
"Jobes, you gotta go faster than that or we'll be late in class," Jesse told me.
"Pffft, alright," I said, trying to speed up. Jesse seems like she's having fun walking backwards, looking at me walk while carry a pile of books.
While walking, my eyes widened the moment I saw Jesse who was about to collide with another person.
"Jess, look out!" I shouted. But it was too late.
"WOAH!" Jesse stumbled backwards and throwing those books into the air. The tall man she collided with fell to the floor too. I approached them.

"What the hell?! Weren't you looking? GOD!" Jesse exclaimed while picking up the books scattered all over the floor.
"Well, don't blame me, you weren't looking too!" the tall guy talked back at Jess. He stands up, dusts himself, and picks up his backpack.
Jesse was left kneeling on the floor, picking up the pile of books. Papers were scattered on the floor as well.
The tall guy looks at her for a few seconds, then he kneels and gathers the papers and gives it to Jess.
The moment I approach them, both of them already stood up.
The tall guy gives Jess her papers with one hand, looking away. Jesse gives him an irritated look and takes the papers, not saying anything.
Jesse started to walk away and we both looked at her for a few seconds.
"Sorry about that, she didn't mean it," I told the guy.
The tall guy just gave me a faint smile and starts to walk away from me as well.
I watched the guy walk away. As I was looking at him, I heard Jess call after me.
"JOBES! Come on!"
She frightened me with her loud voice, and I immediately walked fast to catch up with her.

"Who do you think that guy was?" I asked Jesse, feeling intrigued.
"I don't know, and I don't care," Jesse said, looking straight with a serious face.
"He seems nice," I said with a smile in my face.
Jesse just lets out a smirk and shakes her head twice.
"Why not? He seems nice, well, at least to me," I said again.
There was an awkward silence between us. I can't stand awkward silences, especially between me and Jess. So I tried to tease her just to get rid of the silence and get her to talking.
"I think he likes you," I said.
Jesse stops walking and faces me, giving me the 'unbelieveable!' look.
"Jobes, you watch too many Korean dramas. You need to get away from your fantasies," Jesse told me. She starts walking again.
I catch up, again..
"You both suit each other," I told her. To put aside the teasing, I really think they suit each other well.
Jess stopped and turned to me again. I was expecting a bit of scolding or at least telling me to stop the teasing. She just shook her head and rolled her eyes.
"We're gonna be late, come on," She told me. We both walked faster than usual.

Aish this woman.....




2 comments:

  1. "give him his ball back, Jobes" Sorry I'm a pervert XDXD Oh Jobes, cheesy but it made me smiled XD bumping into each other with books flying around. cliche but cute XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTH okjesse.. Pervert much?? LOL!!!
    yeah, it's cheesy.. I told you, I'm a cheesy writer! hahaha you should wait for the you and mr. tall guy's following chapters.. LMAO! XD
    glad it made you smile.. :D

    ReplyDelete